Saturday, January 3, 2009

Welcome!

It's the start of a new year and the start of a new hobby for me! For anyone who knows me, they know if I set my mind to something, I do it 110%! My latest hobby is now consuming me full-time, but I absolutely love it. If you love to shop, you will enjoy my blog and if you love to shop for FREE and possibly make money, you will definitely love my blog!

Well, over the Thanksgiving holiday, my husband was bored and was surfing the Internet when he came across the website, HotCouponWorld. He was telling me about how all these women were getting stuff for free and making money. I was half listening, like always! :) I decided I should start clipping coupons again, but the thought of reading a discussion forum on coupons didn't really interest me. At the time I was just trying to survive my last two weeks of the semester, substitute teach everyday, and fulfill my duties as homeroom mom. There's nothing worse than disappointing a room full of 20 kindergartners! Well, a couple weeks goes by and I slowly start reading more and more on the website and collecting my coupons. Thanks to my wonderful mother in-law, her coupons, too! Within a week I had bought some great things at a cheap price and I was proud of myself. I was actually making money at CVS within a couple weeks. Yes, I know it sounds crazy, but it is very easy to do. A couple more weeks of research, organizing, and shopping, I officially consider myself a coupon fanatic, money saving mama, PRO shopper! Here are my finds for today, Saturday, January, 3, 2009! Look at the picture and come up with a total in your head on how much you think I spent. After you have come up with the total, scroll down and I will tell you how much I spent and how I did it. :)







The retail amount of everything in the picture is about $350. My total amount out of pocket (OOP) that I spent was about $37! This is by far one of my best trips, considering the amount of product I got.

I started my day at the CVS closest to my house. SoyJoy Bars were free after ECBs (Extra Credit Bucks). Picked up 5 boxes, which means I have 30 disgusting bars to eat, but they were free, so who cares! I actually made $2 off of these, because I had a $2 off coupon. Go figure!

Infusium 23 was 75% off! Normal price $6.99, on sale for $1.75, plus I had $3 off coupons. 6 bottles for free!

Kotex pads on sale for $3.27. Receive $2.00 ECBs, total $1.27, I had a coupon for $1.oo off, so 20 pads for $0.27! Got 2 packs, so 40 pads for $0.54!

Walmart

All Christmas was on clearance for 75% off! Christmas decorations are a weakness of mine, so I had to splurge and pick up some candles, a singing/dancing snowman, and a singing/dancing reindeer. Both too cute to leave sitting on the shelf! Don't worry, for those of you who have seen the enormous amount of Christmas decorations I already have, I am not going to add these to that collection. I am starting a collection for my classroom when I am finally a teacher, because my classroom is going to have to be decorated, too!

Luminair Airwick Flameless Candles on sale for $4.97. I had 2 - $5.00 off coupons, so 2 FREE candles! Original price of the candles was $10 each! Oh, I am so good! Wish I would have had more coupons. Who doesn't need an endless supply of flameless candles!

Reynolds Foil price $1.42, used $1.00 off coupon, total $0.42 for 25 sq. ft. of good foil! I bought 3 boxes.

Ziploc Freezer Bags pice $1.77, used buy 1 get 1 free coupon, total for 2 boxes, $1..77. I bought 6 boxes. I was even feeling nice I gave 2 on my B1G1F coupons to the lady shopping next to me. :)

Kroger

Cheap Toilet Paper! Cottonelle 4 pk, $1.18. I used a $.50 coupon, Kroger doubled the coupon, total OOP $.18 per pack. Woohoo! Left the store with 7 packs of TP and spent $1.26.

Suave Advanced Therapy Lotion $0.99. I had 4 - $1.00 off coupons, so that means I got 4 FREE lotions!

So, that is basically the really good deals you see in the picture. There are a few other things that I picked up because they were free or basically free!

Now, if only I knew what to do with all the stuff! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment